Rapid strides in technology have had an impact in all departments under the umbrella of Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College with the biggest beneficiary being the Department of Radiodiagnosis. Diagnosis being key function of the department, we are always keeping abreast with technological advancements. Department of Radiodiagnosis of Dr. Somervell Memorial CSI Medical College boasts of being equipped with state of the art machinery - with high resolution and very precise diagnostic efficacy, manned by a team of experienced faculty of high repute, young enthusiastic residents, square one technicians, technologists and nursing staff.
- Diagnostic procedures.
- Therapeutic image guided interventions.
- Training of healthcare professionals.
We have well equipped central and departmental library to facilitate routine diagnostic, academic and research activities. The departmental library have more than 150 standard text books on various sub-specialties of Radiodiagnosis.
- C-arm (operation theatre):
- Duplex Doppler:
- Image guided interventions - Ultrasound guided procedures:
- Vascular Interventions:
- Feminine Imaging:
Routine x-rays and dental x-rays.
Fluroscopy with image intensifier:We undertake quality special procedures under fluoroscopic visualization. The special procedures include barium studies, gastrograffin studies, sialography, sinusography/fistulogram, IVU/MCU/ascending urethrogram, T-tube cholangiogram.
Foreign body localization
Routine abdomen and pelvis, Obstetric & Gynaecology cases, small parts (thyroid, breast, scrotum, eye) and musculoskeletal.
Arterial /venous Doppler of upper and lower limb
Portal venous/abdominal Doppler
Renal Doppler (arterial & venous)
Carotid – vertebral artery Doppler
Pre-op perforator marking.
Hydrostatic saline reduction of intussusception
Aspiration – pleural/abdominal collection/abscess
Fine needle aspiration cytology/Biopsy
Foam sclerotherapy for varicose veins
Interventional management of peripheral hemangiomas.
We undertake focused feminine imaging especially in case of subfertility. The facilities available include:
d)d. Image guided interventions for breast lesions.
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate training in Radiodiagnosis and postings for other speciality PG’s, Diploma / B Sc Nursing
- Academic Sessions:Journal clubs, Clinical club, Inter and intradepartmental case discussions
- Dr. Ben Chithan: Role of MRI knee in the diagnosis of traumatic anterior cruciate ligament tears.
- Dr. Sajith.S: Role of high frequency ultrasonography and mammography in the evaluation of breast lesions.
- Dr. Kevin Varghese: Treatment outcomes of ultrasound guided foam sclerotherapy in lower limb varicose veins.
- Dr. Shabir Mohammed: To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography over magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of acute and subacute ischaemic stroke.
- Dr. Kevin Saji Thomas: Role of ultrasound and cross – sectional imaging in diagnosis and characterisation of adrenal mass lesions.
- Dr. Minu Mohandas: Classification of nodular thyroid disease based on TIRADS (thyroid imaging reporting and data system) and its diagnostic accuracy.
- Dr. Hafeed Abdulla: Role of multidetector computed tomography in evaluation of paranasal sinus pathologies with histopathological correlation.
- Dr. Jithu Suresh Babu: Role of extra cranial carotid duplex sonography in patients with computed tomography (CT)/MRI proven anterior circulation stroke.
- Community oriented breast screening.
- Varicose vein clinic
|1||Role of MRI in characterizing sonographically complex adnexal masses||Dr Kevin Saji Thomas||17th Asian Oceanian Congress and the 71st Annual Conference of the Indian Radiology and Imaging Association (IRIA) held at the Rennaisance Hotel and Convention Centre , Powai, Mumbai from 25-28 January 2018|
|1||Uterine Artery Pseudoaneurysm. A Rare Life Threatening Cause Of Secondary Post Partum Haemorrage.||Radiological Case Data Base -Interventionl Radiology||Dr.Minu Mohandas Dr .Sreereaj Dr. Sara Ammu Chacko Dr. Nita H Dr.Manish Kumar Yadav||June 2016, Case 13699|
|2||Role Of Magnetic Resonance Imaging In The Detection Of Mesial Temporal Sclerosis – A Leading Cause Of Seizure Disorder.||International Journal Of Advances In Health Sciences (Ijhs) Issn 2349-7033||Dr. Athira Dinesh Dr.Nita Hubert Dr. Sara Ammu Chacko||Vol2, Issue5, 2015, Pp624-631 Oct 25th 2015|
|3||Role of magnetic resonance imaging brain in evaluation of seizures||Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences||Dr. Athira Dinesh Dr. Sara Ammu Chacko Dr. Laly Jose||Volume 4, Issue 78, September 28th 2015 13653 – 13669|
|4||Sonologic Evaluation of Yolk Sac||International journal of engineering and scientific research||Dr. Laly Jose Dr. Nandhith A Abdul Latheef||Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2015 11 – 14|
|5||Ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration cytology with evaluation of pathological distribution of thyroid nodule and correlation with post operative histopathology in malignant nodules of thyroid||International Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research||Dr. Laly Jose Dr. Sara Ammu Chacko Dr. Simi||Volume 5, Issue 9, Sept 2014 512 – 515|
|6||Validity of sonologic soft marker for chromosome anomaly||International Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research||Dr. Laly Jose Dr. Alex Dr. Roy||Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2014 1126 – 1131|
|7||Evaluation of thyroid nodules with grey scale and power doppler in the detection of malignancy and their ultrasound guided FNAC correlation||International Journal of Engineering and Scientific Research||Dr. Laly Jose
Dr. Simi Ismail
Dr. Sara Ammu Chacko
|Volume 5, Issue 1, Jan 2014|
|8||Speckle reduction and contrast enhancement of ultrasound images using anisotropic diffusion with Jensen Shannon divergence||The Korean Society of Medical and Biological Engineering and Springer 2013||Anil Prahladan
Madhu S Nair
|Biomed Eng Lett(2013) 3:87 – 94|
|Teaching Staff of Department of Radiodiagnosis|
|SL NO:||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION|
|1||Dr.Laly Jose||Professor and HOD|
|2||Dr. Nita. H||Professor|
|3||Dr. Roy Mathew||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. Rakesh C. A||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. Nahas K. M||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Sebastian Varghese. P||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Krishna Chaitanya Nunna||Senior Resident|
|8||Dr. Kevin Saji Thomas||Senior Resident|
|9||Dr. Anoop Koshy Thomas||Senior Resident|
|10||Dr. Ramkumar N. R||Junior Resident|
|11||Dr. Ajayghosh. N||Junior Resident|
|12||Dr. Vipin Jacob||Junior Resident|
|13||Dr. Sandya Nair||Junior Resident|
|14||Dr. Linda Sherin. G||Junior Resident|
|15||Dr. Minu Mohandas||Junior Resident|
|16||Dr. Hafeed Abdulla. V||Junior Resident|
|17||Dr. Jithu Subash Babu||Junior Resident|