The department is dedicated to providing excellent patient care and outstanding education to students and residents. We are committed to provide the best available treatment for all conditions of musculoskeletal system from newborns to the elderly. All manners of trauma cases are managed with latest implants and techniques.
Regular OPD’s are conducted daily from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM including Sundays.
- We have 24X7 emergency services available, providing expert management at all times with Operation theatre facilities round the clock.
- Arthoplasties of hip, knee, shoulder and elbow are performed.
- Arthroscopy of hip, shoulder, knee, ankle including reconstruction of cruciate ligament, menisectomy etc are routinely performed and Rotator cuff repairs of the shoulder are also regularly done.
- Ilizarov technique have been used on many patients as needed.
- Platelet Rich Plasma preparations in various settings like non healing ulcers, epicondylitis, plantar fascitis etc were undertaken with good results.
- Spine surgeries for disc problems and spinal stenosis and trauma are done on a regular basis
- Paediatric orthopaedics services are provided for the entire spectrum of problems like CTEV, CHD, CP arthrogyposis, Vertical talus, Blounts disease etc.
- The department contributed to the conduct of peripheral and base hospital camps conducted round the year.
- Spine Clinic – Monday
- Clubfoot – Tuesday
- Rheumatology – Wednesday
- MDC – Thursday
- Arthroplasty - Friday
- Arthroscopy – Saturday
Regular classes for MBBS students, post graduate MS Orthopaedics are conducted with seminars, ward rounds, journal presentations, case discussions and topic presentations.
The M.S Post Graduate course was recognized in July 2016 by the MCI. Our first post graduate student passed in the exam conducted in July 2016.
To achieve academic and clinical excellence so as to offer the best treatment to our patients, all our faculty regularly attend various CME programmes and training sessions all over the country and abroad.
- Advanced training in Arthroscopy was attended by Prof. Cherian and Dr. Mithun.
- The national conference IOACON 2016 was attended by majority of our faculty.
- DR. Roshan attended the national Rheumatology conference IRACON 2016.
- The state conference KOACON 2016 was also attended by most of our faculty.
- Dr. Midhun Krishnan was selected as Associate editor of the International Journal of Orthopaedics in Feb 2017.
- Poster presentations by Dr. Rithuraj at IOACON 2016 and Dr. Hany Hameed at KOACON 2017.
|1||Functional outcome of Pertrochanteric Fractures treated with PFNAII||Dr Hany Hammed||Dr Cherian Jacob|
|2||Evaluation of Functional outcome of Intra articular injection of Hyaluronic Acid in treatment of osteoarthritis Knee||Dr Rithu Raj||Dr Samson Nessiah|
|3||Functional and radiological assessment of distal radius fracture treated with cercutaneous 5 pin technique||Dr Nithin Thomas||Dr Cherian Jacob|
|1||A Clinical study of closed reduction and crossed percutaneous pinning of supracondylar fracture of elbow in children||Dr Roshan D.||International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences||pISSN-2395-1958, Vol.4(2): 478-480/ 2018|
|2||Management of adhesive capulitis by combination of hydrodilation, intra-articular steroid injection and manipulation under anaesthesia||Dr Roshan D.||International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences||pISSN-2395-1958, Vol.5(2): 1020-1022/ 2018|
|3||Combination of fixationtechniques in the managementof complex distal radius fracture-our experiences||Dr Issac Sunder Sen||Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare||pISSN-2349-2562,eISSN-2349-2570/ Vol.3/Issue 83/ Oct.17,2016|
|4||Roll of Low profile precountoured distal tibial Locking plate using MIPPO technique in pilon fracture||Dr Issac Sunder Sen||Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences||JEMDS 2015; Vol.4, Issue 87, October 29; Page 15215-15223, DOJ: 10,14260/jemds/ 2015/216|
|5||Arthroscopic debridement in osteoarthrosis of knee joint – analysis of short term benefits||Jayakrishnan S, N.S Gudi, Sujai S, Fardeen Shariff, M.K Siddalinga Swamy||Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences||2015, volume 4 Issue 70, August 31 Page :12152-12155, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2015/1750|
|6||Evaluation of locking compression plating by mippo technique in proximal tibial fractures : A Prospective study||Sujai S, Jayakrishnan S, Lokesh B.V, M.K Siddalingaswamy, H.C Nanjundappa||Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences||2015, Volume 4, Issue 54, July 6, Page: 9492-9499, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2015/1373|
|7||Evaluation of Results of wide resection and reconstruction using non- vascularised ipsilateral proximal fibula for giant cell tumor of lower end of radius||Sujai S, Jayakrishnan S, Abhijeet Jayaswal, M.K Siddalingaswamy , Venugopal N||Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences||2015, Volume 4, Issue 53, July 2, Page : 9186-9190, DOI:10.14260/jemds/2015/1335|
|8||Functional Outcome and satisfaction in patients with neglected talipes equinovarus deformity after triple arthrodesis in a rural hospital setting – A prospective cohort study||Dr Cherian Jacob||International Journal of recent trends in science and technology||Vol 10.Issue 2,2014|
|9||A Prospective Cohort study on anatomical and functional outcome following triple arthrodesis using temporary implants in talipes equinovarus deformity||Dr Cherian Jacob||International Journal of Medical and applied Sciences||Vol 3 Issue 1, 2014 page 245 to 252|
|10||Association between Radiological and clinical outcomes in osteoarthritis of the tibiotalar and midfoot joints after triple arthrodesis in talipes equinovarus||Dr Cherian Jacob||International Journal of recent trends in science and technology||Vol 10 Issue 3, 2014 page no.412 to 415|
|11||Functional and Radiological outcomes of distal radius fractures treated with closed reduction and percutaneous five pin technique – A prospective cohort study||Dr Cherian Jacob||International Journal of recent trends in science and technology||Vol 10(3),430-433, 2014||12||Splints are an overall better option than plaster in Torus fractures in children in rural hospitals||Dr Cherian Jacob & Dr Midhun Krishnan||International Journal of recent trends in science and technology||ISSN2277-2812, E-ISSN2249-8109Vol-12. , 2014|
|Teaching Staff of Department of Orthopaedics|
|SL NO:||NAME OF FACULTY||DESIGNATION|
|1||Dr. Samson Nessiah||Professor|
|2||Dr. C. Justin Moses||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. W.H. Isaac Sundar Sen||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. P. S. Nithin||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. Hany Hameed||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Acksen T. Raja||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. M. V. Sudhakar||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Roshan. D||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. T. Sriram||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Ebenezer . E||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr. Babloo Thomas Mani||Senior Resident|
|12||Dr. Vivek Mathew Pulickal||Junior Resident|
|13||Dr. Chrisphin Christy Christhudasan||Junior Resident|
|14||Dr. Rahul R. J||Junior Resident|
|15||Dr. Felix Raj. M||Junior Resident|
|16||Dr. Alex Thomas. N||Junior Resident|
|17||Dr. Sharon G. Samuel||Junior Resident|
|18||Dr. Libin Sanjeev. L||Junior Resident|
|19||Dr. Aby Joseph||Junior Resident|
College Latest News
- 02 Sep 2016
25 Years In Healing